Monday, September 22, 2008

City to Bay Fun Run - Adelaide - Sept 21st 2008


Yesterday morning I participated in my first Fun Run. The City to Bay had 29,000 people enter this year and Adelaide put on some incredibly awesome weather for the event. I started from the Kurralta Plaza 6km start point and completed the walk in just under an hour. Technically challenged as I am, I can't seem to find either my official result or my finish line photo on the site online so you're stuck with this terrible photo of me just before the race on the balcony of the Hotel we stayed Saturday night. Yes, that's the Buffalo and the Marina in the background, 10 points to anyone who can guess the said Hotel and 20 points if you get the room number right. Check out the sunshine! And this is like 7am - it got better, how cool is that?

Next year I'm hoping to get Ella to join me on the walk, although if she doesn't want to it will allow me to enter the 12km run which would be totally wicked! I'll let you know...

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm a bit scared you are going to kill me with exercise when you are down here but scared is good according to Craig.
So proud of you for doing the walk on your own and I have already got Amy in training for next year so I can do the walk with the kids and you can run past looking spectacular!!!

Kathleen said...

Hey, I just wanted to say I'M SO JEALOUS OF WHERE YOU LIVE!! Lol just looking at those photos (from whch you can see your house) I'm aching for summer holidays, I can just see the wind over the water and smell the sea - and you get it every day! Congratulations on the fun run too, I say go for the 12k next year!!

:) Kathleen