Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Tale Between Two Races - Part VIII

So we've caught up to the weekend now. Saturday morning we all jumped in the wagon and shot off to town to see Santa at the Magic Cave. The girls were extremely patient through the two hour wait and were eventually rewarded with a brief chat with Santa (we got a good one this year) and a ride on the carousel. We had lunch in town and Ella got some very weird looks from the sandwich bar staff when she asked for a cheese, boiled egg and carrot roll, but it was what she wanted and she ate it all up.
After lunch, back to the car and out to Parafield Gardens for my SIL's 50th Birthday. Happy Birthday Auntie Valmai! The girls had an absolute ball playing with Valmai's poodle Bella and Amy's cockerspaniel, forget it's name. Not sure who wore who out, but they were all exhausted by the time we headed back to Glenelg for dinner and sleep. I was exhausted from watching my mum and sister "discuss" where Xmas was to be held this year. Not totally sure if a decision has been made. I offered our place but it's "too far away for everybody". How does that work? I live there so doesn't that make everybody else's place "too far" for me??? Oh well, I'm happy to stay out of those circular discussions, I get dizzy too easy.....

No comments: