Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Xmas Frolic Fun Run - 7th Dec, 2008

Did I say you could take a photo? No, didn't think so.
So, I made it, the whole 5kms. I couldn't run the whole distance. There weren't any hills on my treadmill...lol. I think I came last, but the results aren't out yet so I can't tell for sure. Either way, I'm glad I did it. I had a few moments of self doubt there when a pack of grannies overtook me around the half way mark and again towards the end when I was overtaken by the guy twice my age who had cerebral palsy, but I didn't run off in the opposite direction and go to McDonalds, I just kept plodding along, feeling a bit stupid, but pleased as I ran through the finish line. No photo of that, Tim let Charli play with the camera as a distraction and she flattened the battery within minutes....lol.
It was heaps harder than I thought it would be. Oh and get this....I was concerned my knees weren't strong enough to run that far so I went out and bought some very expensive, state of the art, sports knee supports. Hence my legs looking like tree trunks in the photo, these things need their own postcode. Monday morning I woke up ridiculously sore, like unable to move sore and the only part of my body that didn't hurt was my knees. Maybe next run I should find a total body support. I'd look like a nutter, but the following week would be easier......80)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

You are a legend, an over achiever and a nutter. Normal people when they get a bit behind in a blog just post a message something like 'Sorry, but I am still here'.....not you. You CATCH UP!!
Well done on the run, you looked hot even with fat knees.
Joanne.

Jules said...

Well done you.
I recently read about your week at the Harperdome. How are you doing? Sounds like you're powering along. I'm visiting the Harperdome for first time Mon week (Feb 2). If I walk out alive, I'll let you know how I go! I'm in Bris at moment, but will be in Melb for 5 days/4 nights to organise some work stuff and maybe a place to live.
Jules ( )